Master the art of 3D printing with step-by-step tutorials and DIY projects
Are you ready to join the new industrial revolution? 3D Printing with Autodesk 123D, Tinkercad, and MakerBot reveals how to turn your ideas into physical products that you can use or sell! You’ll learn how to operate powerful, free software from Autodesk and bring your creations to life with the MakerBot–a leading consumer printer–or an online service bureau.
Practical examples take you through the Design, Catch, Meshmixer, Tinkercad, Make, and CNC Utility apps, and the MakerBot Desktop. Fun projects, easy-to-follow instructions, and clear screenshots progress from installing the software to printing the design. Videos and digital files accompany this hands-on guide.
- Make your own creations with Design and Tinkercad
- Download editable, premade content
- Generate construction documents with the LayOut feature
- Create and edit a reality capture model with Catch
- Edit and mash up .stl files with Meshmixer
- Navigate the MakerBot Desktop
- Print the model on your own machine or with a service bureau