Gizmo Dorks PET tape is the premier tape adhesive to use on heated build platforms. PET tape, which is made out of Polyester film, is used on 3D beds because of its ability to withstand high temperatures that are sometimes required depending on the plastic used. ABS filament, for example, adheres particularly well to PET tape, maybe even better than the traditional Kapton tape. Heat transfers particularly well through PET tape making it a perfect complement to ABS which requires a heated build platform, typically around 110�C. PET tape, which is typically green, is also more durable than Kapton tape which results in less tears. Green PET tape is easily removed without leaving behind any residue. The tape has a max upper temperature of 220�C.
- Dimensions: 9 inches by 12 inches
- Polyester film layer: 1 mil thick
- Silicone adhesive: 1 mil thick
- Total thickness: 2 mil
- Comes in a pack of 10 sheets
- Each sheet comes on a removable protective liner
- The tape can be cut down easily to fit any size shape
- Other sizes ranging from 6 to 12 inch widths are available
The dry method involves using a flat edge such as a ruler or a credit card to slowly peel and apply the tape while using the straight edge to keep the tape free from bubbles.
The wet method is similar to the dry method but involves spraying some soapy water underneath the PET tape. Remove the liquid by squeegee or a straight flat edge such as a ruler. This will also remove any air bubbles. The biggest benefit to the wet method is that you can re-position the tape while it is wet because the liquid allows you to easily slide the tape around. Let the PET tape fully dry before printing.
- Premium grade polyester PET tape for 3D printing
- Excellent adhesion to many 3d filament types such as PLA and ABS
- PET tape can be used for many 3D print cycles with greater durability than Kapton
- PET film layer is 1 mil thick with a 1 mil thick adhesive layer
- Dimensions of 9 x 12 inches, can be cut to size easily