The Creator Pro is the latest addition to FlashForge’s Creator family. Based on proven design of the Creator X chassis, the Pro is now enclosed. So you can print ABS better and more efficient than ever. The upgraded three-point platform leveling system is now more intuitive than ever. And the all-new heat resistant build platform support is now made of highly-durable metal. Guaranteed not to deform means more time printing and more fun. And a thicker Z-axis rod provides a more steady and precise movement. Every new addition and improvement syncs together in harmony. It simply works.
The FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro has two extruders, both for flexibility of working with multi-material prints and for convenience such as being able to continue printing with one extruder when the other extruder needs maintenance, or leaving one extruder loaded with ABS and the other with PLA so that you can switch materials effortlessly. The Creator Pro has a heated print bed, which enables you to print with ABS, PLA, Nylon and other types of materials such as wood, flex, and bronze.
The Creator Pro has two extruders, with spring tension and release levers.
The Creator Pro prints X3G files from an SD card. This means that you can use Makerware, ReplicatorG, or Simplify3D. It also runs Sailfish firmware http://www.sailfishfirmware.com as the standard firmware.
It has metal arms for the print bed, that don’t sag after being heated. This lets prints be much more consistent without releveling the print bed. The print bed has three mount points, making bed leveling much easier. It has wing nuts instead of thumbscrews, which are easier to turn. So leveling the print bed is simpler.
It has a CPU with more storage, letting it run firmware with more capabilities than the standard CPU.
The buttons are mechanical rather than rubber. When you press a button you know it’s pressed.
The display is inverted, with white text on a dark background, which looks a little nicer against the black case.
The power supply is inside the case, which makes the Creator Pro easier to transport. The power supply has increased in size, allowing the Creator Pro to heat the extruder and print bed at the same time.
The Creator Pro ships configured for 220 V Power, and must be switched to 110 volt Power to operate in the United States.
Setting the FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro up has been made easier. In particular bed leveling is very easy with the wing nuts, and three mounting points. And the Sailfish leveling routine is more efficient because you can position the extruders directly over each of the three control points and set each one once.
The doors and top cover require assembly.
Key features and improvements:
– Sturdy metal frame is substantially more stable than the Creator’s original wood frame.
– Warp-resistant 6.3mm aluminum build platform remains perfectly level under the stress of high heat.
– New heat-resistant metal platform supports replace plastic supports.
– New heavy-duty (10mm) z-axis guide rod ensures steady and precise movement.
– New acrylic cover encloses the chamber to insulate and protect ABS prints.
– New LED light illuminates the build chamber.
– New integrated LCD screen and button board functions error-free.
– FlashForge Creator Pro.
– 2 spool holders.
– 2 spools of filament (net weight: 2.2 pounds per spool, material and color randomly selected).
– 2 filament guide tubes.
– Accessory bag containing nuts, screws, and hex wrench set.
– Power supply cable.
– USB cable.
– End stop switch cable (spare part).
– Acrylic covers kit.
– 4GB SD card (contains software, test sample files and user manual).
– Overall dimensions: 320 x 467 x 381 mm.
– Packing dimension: 590 x 470 x 580 mm.
– Compatibility: Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
– Print from SD card or over USB
– Input file type: STL, gcode
– Build envelope: 225 x 145 x 150 mm.
– Build volume: About 5 liters
– Layer thickness: 0.1-0.3 mm. (adjustable)
– Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm.
– Works well with 1.75 mm ABS, PLA, HIPS, and PVA